Monday, May 19, 2014

Block Party

This is the season for block parties.  I will be attending 10 to which I have been invited.  Some are making use of the Neighbourhood Life trailer BBQ; some want me to come and roast (not brew) coffee on site.  I love it!  After all, I am party guy myself.  But I am constantly reminded that it is not always just about the party.  I have made it a practice to listen whether it is at a party or as I walk/bike through our the neighbourhood.  This is a prayerful act where we look and listen with the eyes of God and see what He sees or hear what He hears:  joy, generosity, pain, brokenness, etc. We can learn a lot about our neighbours by being observant:  bumper stickers, the unkempt home, hear a story or see new growth.  But we might miss it if we think it's just a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment