Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Painting the picture of our neighbourhoods

I was told of a tragic event that occurred to a family in a home not far from where I live.  As a result of this tragedy, they go directly to their neighbours....even before calling 911.  I am now well aware that these neighbours have a relationship that runs deep. I have loved neighbours to the point where I get called when they are stuck in the snow.  That's a start.  It is encouraging to know that I would be called, and that I could call on them.  Perhaps one day I will be surprised with a phone call or a knock on the door as relationships deepen.  This all makes sense when we discover how much brokenness is hidden behind the walls of those we call our neighbours.  The good news and stuff worth celebrating is what we are willing to share, but the brokenness is there too.  And their is no home, including our own that is without brokenness.  When we discover this truth, we can begin to redeem or restore through the hope we have in love.  Perhaps this story is best described in Karen Tamminga-Paton's painting, "Rumours of Glory (the Intercessor)."  See her work at: www.tammingapation.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment